Are you trying to install Ubuntu alongside Windows 7 or Windows 8 but can’t see your disk drives in the installer?
You might still be able to see them in the Disks tool but not the installer.
A quick fix that worked for me was to remove dmraid:
sudo apt-get remove dmraid
Then run the installer again and presto! your disks are appearing again.
I did this using the live cd but from the text installer you can perform the apt-get command in a shell by hitting Shift-F1 to get to a shell then “sudo apt-get remove dmraid” before you get to the disk part of the install. Or go back in the install process and retry that step after the removal of dmraid.
Let me know if this helped you out any, it was handy to find this out myself.
Dear Lazy Web,
I am having trouble finding my perfect DAB+ portable radio player.
- USB or SDCard input for audio files (mp3, flac?) or some form of local storage on the device.
- Built in speakers – stereo preferred, mono acceptable.
- Portable – Table top size is fine.
- Able to be battery powered (common battery types preferred (D cell, AA/AAA cells), proprietary/custom rechargeable battery ok but not preferred as it means less serviceable/less longevity if custom batteries are hard to source.
- No units that require a secondary powered device to control use (eg, smart phone control of the unit is not what I’m after). Included remote controls are fine though.
Additional / Bonus features:
- Wifi / DLNA / Internet Radio would be a bonus.
- Dials preferred over buttons.
- Classic look wood or wood effect preferred.
I’m open to suggestions of a reference models such as the items listed under “Platforms/Evaluation Systems”:
I’ve also read that 90% of DAB+ devices are powered by Frontier Silicon hardware.
I’m open to a build-your-own kit as well.
Another option might be to find an ugly unit that does all that I require technically and replace the plastic case with a custom made wood one.
- Pinell Explorer – http://www.pinell.no/en/products/pinell-explorer-walnut but has no local file storage option (usb/sdcard/other).
- Cord Panorama – http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/home%20theatre/digital-radio/cord-panorama-network-desktop-digital-radio/672955 but has no battery or local storage.
- Tivoli range – http://www.hifitrader.com.au/prod443.htm but no battery or local storage.
Over to you.